Tuesday, November 2, 2010

MD 400 Midterm Course Reflections...

I can’t believe the semester is already halfway over!  So far I have learned a lot of new educational technology skills.  I had some experience in photoshop prior to this class but had never taken it to the level we had, with removing objects and replacing them in new photos, etc. That was really neat.  Learning about Inspiration/Kidspiration was great and I could really see myself creating graphic organizers and such in my own classroom someday. These products are very kid friendly and attractive with all the options of adding cartoon figures and designs.  Before this class I have also had very little experience in blogging, let alone creating my own.  I had read a few before on various websites but never knew the logistics.  I think it’s a very useful tool in expressing your thoughts and opinions or just sharing information with others.  I am really enjoying the idea of having my own website to hold all of my ideas and projects for others to see, as well as learning a little about myself.  Having visited numerous websites, I had never given much thought on how to create one or useful hints as to what makes one good or bad.  I have also enjoyed creating my own digital story using personal photographs.  As someone who loves pictures and taking them, it’s a really inventive way to use them further and creating a story to follow.  I was really happy to have been given a lesson on using SMARTboards.  I have had 2 years experience in Assistant Teaching and had never used one.  The school I was teaching at had one in every grade level but I never worked in the classroom that had had it.  I have heard from friends and others that more and more schools are having them set up in classrooms and making it a mandatory tool to incorporate in various lessons.  I feel this experience will come in handy when I apply to future teaching positions.  So far nothing has been too challenging and I have really just enjoyed learning all of these new technological tools and uses.  One challenging thing would be, as in any case using any technology, that you can easily forget how to use certain tools if you don’t use them again soon after.  Also depending on computers and technology to work sometimes can be frustrating when they fail to work properly.  In that case you must always have a ‘plan b’!  I look forward to the rest of this semester and hope to further broaden my horizons on educational teachnology.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are finding the class topics useful.

    ReplyDelete